There's a new John Lewis where I live, which is a pretty big deal. Around £120 million worth of big deal, and it already feels like home. The likes of Charlotte Tilbury, Nars, M.A.C, and Tom Ford have pride of place by the entrance, and I couldn't be happier. I've been pretty excited about Charlotte Tilbury arriving for a while now, in fact I've been telling M every week for the past three months, poor man haha.

I went to the preview evening and bagged a few freebies, including a Bobbi Brown To Go Kit which included a makeup bag, lipstick, mascara and lipgloss - thanks girls. The counters themselves were incredibly opulent and had a luxe feel to them, especially Bobbi Brown and Charlotte Tilbury. I was surprised to see Clinique and Clarins in there, as we already have two of those counters in other shops. It would have been nice to see a bit of variety, perhaps Hourglass and Giorgio Armani over those brands, but I suppose you can't have it all.

I didn't manage to take any photos inside the store, as you can imagine it was rammed. In fact it took me over an hour and five car parks later just to park my car. Something to bare in mind if you have little ones. I didn't even go upstairs to see the rest of the store, as I was so busy looking at all the beautiful beauty counters.

What I bought on the day:

Urban Decay Naked Skin Foundation £27. I mentioned this in my foundation favourites post and needed a darker shade after I got back from Portugal. The girls on the counter had no problem matching me, even on opening night and had everything in stock. Seriously impressed, unlike my local Debenhams UD counter which is yet to have all the shades of their Naked Skin, a month after opening. Can you tell little things annoy me? Haha.

Charlotte Tilbury K.I.S.S.I.N.G Lipstick in B-tch Perfect £23. I'd been wanting to try this shade for what seems like forever, and held out to try it in person rather than rely on online swatches. I think lipstick can look completely different on different people, and this is the perfect peachy nude for my skin tone. It's quite long lasting compared with my all-time favourite lipsticks - Chanel Rouge Coco, and I'd say I've managed to get around two hours wear without the need for reapplication.

Bobbi Brown Blush in Nude Peach £19.50. Looks a lot lighter in real life. I like this blush because it's so subtle compared to M.A.C Peaches, or Nars Gina, and the pans are so compact they can fit into the smallest makeup bag.


Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Corrector £28. I love the original corrector, but found it to be too heavy and drying, so making the switch to a serum formula made sense to me. I have shade light peach which works really well to conceal the blue/green circles I sometimes get. If you're unsure of your shade and don't live near a Bobbi Brown counter, then I'd recommend the live chat option on their website. You can send them photos to determine which shade you'd be. I've used this before, and they matched me well.

Bobbi Brown Intensive Skin Serum Concealer £28. Since I'm using a serum corrector, I figured layering it with a serum concealer would work best. I have shade light sand which acts to brighten the under eye area once I've used the corrector. It's super creamy, similar to UD Naked Skin Concealer, and tends to crease a little if not set properly.

Bobbi Brown Lip Pencil in Ballet Pink £17. I have used this shade for as long as can remember, it seems to be the perfect nude lip liner for me. The formula is quite dry, so it lasts a few hours, and looks great on its own with a swipe of gloss.